Saturday, February 8, 2014

"Did God Create Sin?" (Just a thought)



"Did God Create Sin?"
As I write this article, I would like the readers to know, that I’m not trying to be facetious in any way regarding this topic.

Over the years, this question has always been on my mind. Did God create sin?

The bible describes Lucifer or Satan as the one who tempted Eve with the fruit in the Garden of Eden.

Apparently, Lucifer had been cast down to the earth because sin and pride was found in his heart.
We learn this from these two ambiguous scriptures in Ezekiel Ch. 28 V. 1-19 also in Isaiah Ch. 14 V. 3-17

The reason that they are ambiguous is, one part talks about a king then all of a sudden, it starts to describe (as we are told), that this is now about the fall of Satan/Lucifer.

They describe how Lucifer had fallen from Heaven. 

Ezekiel Ch. 28 V. 5 says “You were perfect in all you did from the day you were created until that time when wrong was found in you” (Living Bible).

Isaiah Ch. 14 V. 12 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!” (Living Bible).

Question #1
If God created Lucifer and he was perfect in all he did up to a point, then where did the sinful thoughts come from?

I’ve always been told that sin cannot exist in heaven, yet, sin was found in Lucifer before he was cast out of heaven, and hence the reason he was cast out.

Therefore, if God created Lucifer, he must have created him with the ability to sin.

Here is my point, let’s say, I’m going to rebuild my engine, and after checking the parts, I find that one piston rod is bent, do I go ahead and rebuild the engine with the defective, imperfect part, or do I get a new one, before putting it all together?

If I make a loaf of bread and forget to add yeast, my bread won’t rise. I created it, so whose fault is it? I can’t blame someone else it was my creation.

If I make homemade soup and it tastes too salty, is it the soups fault? No it’s my fault; I made (created) a soup and added too much salt.

If Satan was created by God, then anything that Satan is capable of doing, must have been created by God, seeing as God created all things.

Someone or something must have given Satan the ability to sin; it had to come from somewhere. God, after all is the creator of all things. No matter where it came from, God must know why it exists.  
Question #2
Why on earth (literally), did God cast Satan down onto the earth? 

God creates Adam and Eve and tells them not to touch the fruit of a certain tree, knowing, that Eve would eventually touch the fruit.

If God is all knowing, then he must have known that Adam and Eve were going to disobey him. God already knew (apparently), that Satan was on the earth. 

If I knew there was arsenic in my yeast, I would discard it and start with something new and fresh.

Let’s just say I go ahead and make the bread anyway, why would I use something that would poison me, in fact, why would I even begin?

Therefore, God being omniscient, knowing all these things, why didn’t God dispose of Satan first, and then create Adam and Eve?

I guess according to the following scripture, God can do as He pleases without explanation to anyone; after all, He is God.

Romans 9:21
English Standard Version
“Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use?” 

Having said all that, we have to keep in mind that hosts of angels (demons, as they are now called) went with Satan too. Therefore, this means that all the angels who followed were sinful in their thoughts too.

Which leads to another question, can angels in Heaven right now, become sinful too?

If sin was possible in Heaven thousands of years ago, can it still be possible today and millions of years from now. If it happened once, could it happen again, for example, to Michael or Gabriel?

Written by Chris Turner
February 8th, 2014





No comments: