Thursday, November 30, 2017

"Goodnight, sleep tight."




"Goodnight, sleep tight."




When you're tired at night, it's time to lay your body on the bed

It's time to go to sleep you have thoughts, swirling through your head

As your mind fades away, you now fall, in to a deep, deep, deep sleep

You have dreams in your mind but you're not sure, what they really mean.



Sometimes scary a nightmare, they frighten you deep inside your soul

You are restless, start to sweat, heart pumping fast, you think you're in Sheol

When you're sleeping at night, you're not aware of what's really going on

The world is moving around while your body lies in bed alone



Not aware of your existence, not even knowing, you're lying on your bed

Your subconscious and your mind doesn't know, if you're alive, or your dead

Then the morning time arrives, eyes open wide and this is what you say

I now know that I'm alive, I can enjoy, I can live another day



Finally, the day is over, I go to bed and I do it all again

But will I wake up in the morning, to enjoy, yes, to live another day

When you go to sleep at night, no opportunity, to give a farewell wave

It may be the last time, as you close your eyes, as you're heading for the grave

Don't be scared at this time, this is how, all of life will end.




Written by Chris Turner

January 30th, 2017

No comments: